The Blue Circle represents shopping.
- Shopping will be Worldwide and 24/7.
- Shopping can not stop.
- People will always Shop.
The Blue Circle consists of the following: Shoppers, Merchants and Cashback World.
Shopper always look for:
Merchants look for:
- Customers (Feet)
How do Merchants get new customers?
They have to advertise and have an Advertising Budget.
- On average, it is about 12%- 20% of the Merchants turnover.
- Normally done on TV, in Magazines, on Facebook and Radio.
- Merchants ‘HOPE’ to get those customers.
- This is no loyalty in advertising. For example if a Super Market advertise a special on Steak, you will go there and purchase the special steak but still do you daily shopping at your local Super Market.
Cashback World has a better way. Cashback World have:
- Being around since 2003. (14 years)
- More than 1000 Employees.
- Head Quarters in 47 Countries.
- Forms an Alliance with the Merchant.
- Asks for a small % of the Merchants Advertising Budget.
- Negotiate with the Merchant the % of the Advertising Budget according to their industry.
- 5% for example for perishables up to 20% for Textiles (TV, Car and Kitchen Cupboards).
What happens to say the 5%:
- 2% goes to Cashback World. 1% for the running costs of the company. 0.5% goes to the Child Foundation and 0.5% goes to the Green Infinite.
- 3% goes back to the Shopper. Putting the power back to the Shopper.
Shoppers become Loyal Customers and Merchants get repeat business.